Thursday, March 20, 2008

Long live the "King"










Fishing on the Petrohue River in Puerto Varas, Chile provided a lot of fun and excitement. The first King Salmon I landed was over 40 inches long and put up a great fight. The next one was a bit smaller, but just as much fun. I had to keep pinching myself to think of what I was doing (fishing for King Salmon) and where I was doing it (Puerto Varas, Chile).

Moving on to the Maullin River was just as exciting as we changed from spin fishing for King Salmon to flyfishing for Rainbow and Brown Trout. What a blast! They were not nearly as big as the Kings, but there were a lot of them and flyfishing adds a great dimension to the challenge. It indeed is an art form that I truly enjoy. I hope to make another adventure to the rivers of Chile in the future to try my luck again. What a time!

1 comment:

The Bunch Fam! said...

Does our mansion in Heaven include acreage as well? If so, I hope that when you arrive yours resembles your Chilean paradise. What a great thing to get to do while you were there!