Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Look Under My Tree

Wow! Take a look at the picture below and see what I have under my tree. What do you think of it's shape? Look at those legs. See how soft it appears. Look how it's standing there in that position. It really stands out, doesn't it? .....Hey, I'm talking about the manger filled with soft straw and the baby Jesus! Do you see it? It's sitting there right behind Jan. It's the focal point under our tree. (when Jan get's out of the way) The tree is beautiful with all it's decorations, lights, ornaments and snow. It's great to see the angel sitting atop the tree. It seems to keep watch over all that goes on there. However, even the brightly wrapped presents fade in comparison to the manger cradling the precious baby Jesus. After all, He is the reason for all that goes on during this season. He should be the focal point of all that we do. Christmas is a celebration of a miraculous birth, the birth of God's own Son into our world. His birth enables each of to have the opportunity of "new birth" as we trust Him by faith. As you look under your tree this Christmas season, may you see what I see; Jesus. (Okay Jan, we see you too.)

1 comment:

Stan Giles said...

I am excited to read your blog. I've always enjoyed (and now miss) your Sunday School class. Please keep blogin', I'll keep reading. I'd also love to know where Jan got those cool Christmas Pants. I think Robyn would enjoy them. I don't think Jan would want to share them. :)